Friday, April 24, 2009

Honoring Those Who Serve Our Country

While I am on my very short lunch break at school, I just wanted to post a quick blog to honor those men and women to risk their lives to serve our country in the military and para-military (law enforcement, etc.). My students and the other students and staff at my school just had a visit (scheduled visit, just for fun) from the National Guard helicopters! We were able to see them land, we got to climb in (yes, I climbed in and my principal got a picture of it! One of the soldiers asked me to get in to see if one of my students who was scared would get in with me!), and we saw it take off! It is just amazing to me to see and hear how much these men and women do for us! They deserve so much honor and respect and they don't always get it. My TA's husband just deployed last week for his second year overseas. The families of those in military also deserve the honor and respect. It just amazes me how strong they can be to let them go! Watching the helicopters this morning made my heart go out to Julie (my TA), her husband, and her kids. It also made me miss PopPop as I remembered the pictures and stories of him from the war. I also thought of my wonderful husband who risks his life everyday in his role of serving our community! Thanks!!!


(I had to crop the picture because I can't post pictures of my students.) If you haven't seen updated pictures of my own kids, be sure to check out my previous post with Easter pictures!

No comments: